MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Lonnie Burnett has been named President of The University of Mobile after serving as interim president since May. A news release issued by the school quotes Board Chairman Fred Wilson as saying, “Burnett stepped into that role with vision, energy and a deep love for the Baptist-affiliated university.”
In the release, Burnett states, “The University of Mobile is a special place. While we have a beautiful campus with great academic programs and facilities, it is our people who make the University of Mobile unique. It’s a place where students are known, educated and mentored by dedicated faculty and staff who ensure they are gaining more than just a degree from college. We truly believe we are advancing ‘Higher Education for a Higher Purpose.”
Burnett becomes the school’s 5th President.
- Ole Miss considers moving confederate monument
- ECSO: School shooting threat circulating on social media
- Lost wedding ring makes its way across the country back to Alabama
- WATCH: Family says their brand new TV was damaged by careless FedEx delivery driver
- McDonald’s releases holiday clothing line, accessories