MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Lonnie Burnett has been named President of The University of Mobile after serving as interim president since May. A news release issued by the school quotes Board Chairman Fred Wilson as saying, “Burnett stepped into that role with vision, energy and a deep love for the Baptist-affiliated university.”
In the release, Burnett states, “The University of Mobile is a special place. While we have a beautiful campus with great academic programs and facilities, it is our people who make the University of Mobile unique. It’s a place where students are known, educated and mentored by dedicated faculty and staff who ensure they are gaining more than just a degree from college. We truly believe we are advancing ‘Higher Education for a Higher Purpose.”
Burnett becomes the school’s 5th President.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website