MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Officials with Rouses and Buffalo Wild Wings were at The Grounds to demonstrate how to use drones to make contactless deliveries.
The two companies have partnered with Deuce Drones to make that happen.
The drone company tested the drones that will make the deliveries, along with the software the devices use. Customers will make their order through a mobile app. The order will then be delivered.
A typical flight will take 5-10 minutes. If the weather is bad, the drone will be programmed to return to a port, or if necessary, self-land.
In the coming weeks, you can have a QR delivered to your house that will be recognized by the drone to know exactly where your goods should be dropped off.
- Clearing skies, beautiful afternoon ahead
- “Armed and extremely dangerous” suspect in custody following homicide
- Shooting reported at Mobile church early Saturday morning
- BIKER DAD: Video appears to show biker jumping draw bridge at Daytona Bike Week
- FHP: 71-year-old man killed while trying to cross Century Boulevard