MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Officials with Rouses and Buffalo Wild Wings were at The Grounds to demonstrate how to use drones to make contactless deliveries.
The two companies have partnered with Deuce Drones to make that happen.
The drone company tested the drones that will make the deliveries, along with the software the devices use. Customers will make their order through a mobile app. The order will then be delivered.
A typical flight will take 5-10 minutes. If the weather is bad, the drone will be programmed to return to a port, or if necessary, self-land.
In the coming weeks, you can have a QR delivered to your house that will be recognized by the drone to know exactly where your goods should be dropped off.
- President Trump to announce Supreme Court nominee in Saturday White House ceremony
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu