MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Officials with Rouses and Buffalo Wild Wings were at The Grounds to demonstrate how to use drones to make contactless deliveries.
The two companies have partnered with Deuce Drones to make that happen.
The drone company tested the drones that will make the deliveries, along with the software the devices use. Customers will make their order through a mobile app. The order will then be delivered.
A typical flight will take 5-10 minutes. If the weather is bad, the drone will be programmed to return to a port, or if necessary, self-land.
In the coming weeks, you can have a QR delivered to your house that will be recognized by the drone to know exactly where your goods should be dropped off.
- Can schools require COVID-19 vaccines for students now that Pfizer’s shot is authorized for kids 12 and up?
- Security camera shows Tesla owner got into driver’s seat before deadly crash
- Alabama State Trooper charged with sexual misconduct and assault
- Foley man wins $1 million Florida lottery scratch off
- Gov. Ivey along with 19 other governors send letter to White House on Southern Border Crisis