MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Officials with Rouses and Buffalo Wild Wings were at The Grounds to demonstrate how to use drones to make contactless deliveries.
The two companies have partnered with Deuce Drones to make that happen.
The drone company tested the drones that will make the deliveries, along with the software the devices use. Customers will make their order through a mobile app. The order will then be delivered.
A typical flight will take 5-10 minutes. If the weather is bad, the drone will be programmed to return to a port, or if necessary, self-land.
In the coming weeks, you can have a QR delivered to your house that will be recognized by the drone to know exactly where your goods should be dropped off.
- Family accuses Mobile police of excessive force after mother Tased at daughter’s birthday party
- 10-digit dialing for people with 251 area codes begins Oct. 24
- Woman sliced with box cutter during fight, Mobile police investigating
- OCSO: Fugitive found with hundreds of grams of fentanyl and heroin, plus stolen gun
- Brian Laundrie’s remains given to anthropologist, lawyer says