MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Expect a long line of vehicles around Ladd-Peebles Stadium Saturday morning. Officials with Feeding the Gulf Coast are hosting a large food distribution Saturday morning starting at 9 at Ladd.
According to a news release they will “distribute around 90,000 pounds of fresh produce, dry goods and protein to 1,500 individuals and families at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The distribution, which will operate in a drive-through style to minimize contact for both clients and workers, was set up by Mobile County Commission in partnership with Feeding the Gulf Coast and United Way of Southwest Alabama to address the dramatic increase in local need for food assistance and help raise awareness of the 2020 Census. There is no need for individuals to pre-register; food will be distributed first-come, first-served, and begins at 9:00 a.m. Additionally, volunteers will be on-site to help individuals complete the 2020 census and register to vote. Neither is required to receive the food. Adults need to present a valid ID to receive food.“
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Health care, abortion center stage in SCOTUS fight
- ECAT offering free bus rides to Gulf Breeze to avoid damaged 3 Mile Bridge
- Spanish Fort mayoral challenger not attending debate ahead of Tuesday’s runoff
- ECAT offering temporary Gulf Breeze route to ease traffic from Pensacola Bay Bridge closure