MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — An industrial fire has since been put out at 7450 Howell’s Ferry Road causing damage.
In a tweet from MFRD, a tank exploded and was on fire and threatened an industrial structure.
MFRD fought the fire for nearly two and a half hours. They tell WKRG News 5 Hazardous Materials was called to bring in materials used to soak up some of the propane and other chemicals that had leaked onto the ground.
They said the tank was fairly close to one of the industrial buildings and when the explosion happened the fire spread to it. No one was injured during the explosion or fire. No word on the cost of damage either.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old cancer survivor with puppy
- Missouri 18-year-old finds fossilized mastodon tooth in river
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades
- Man accused of trying to kidnap 2-year-old from car backing out of California parking spot
- ‘I don’t know what day it is:’ Power crews still working in hard-hit areas