MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — A home was destroyed in a Wednesday morning fire near Mount Vernon.
The Calcedeaver Volunteer Fire Department responded to a residential fire on Charlie Cole Road and Byrd Pitt Road at about 6 a.m. When they arrived, a mobile home fully engulfed in flames.
The Citronelle Fire & Rescue, Creola Fire Department, Fairford Community Fire & Rescue Station, McIntosh Volunteer Fire Department and Mt. Vernon Volunteer Fire/Rescue were called in to assist. Units were able to extinguish the fire, but the home was a total loss.
Mobile County EMS, Mobile County Dispatch, Washington County E911 and the Mount Vernon Police Department also assisted.
- Jay couple charged in child sex abuse and pornography case
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election