MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — On Sunday afternoon during the “We Still Can’t Breathe” march, two men were questioned by officers regarding guns they brought to the protest.
The first incident was a young black man equipped with an AR-15 rifle. News 5 spoke to Chief Battiste in relation to the situation, saying the man willingly handed over his rifle until he was able to place it in a secure location.
Later on, News 5 had the chance to speak to a man regarding an incident where protesters claimed he pulled out his gun on them.
Here’s his side of the story:
Both situations did not lead to an escalation and were peacefully resolved.
- FHP: Wrong-way DUI jeep collides with truck hauling flammable gas
- Orange Beach Church battered by Sally also lost steeple to Gordon in 2018
- Alabama Power makes progress with only 3,400 customers without power in Mobile
- Foley Pedestrian Bridge blue to honor first responders
- Baldwin EMC reports 46,470 members experiencing power outages due to Hurricane Sally