MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — On Sunday afternoon during the “We Still Can’t Breathe” march, two men were questioned by officers regarding guns they brought to the protest.
The first incident was a young black man equipped with an AR-15 rifle. News 5 spoke to Chief Battiste in relation to the situation, saying the man willingly handed over his rifle until he was able to place it in a secure location.
Later on, News 5 had the chance to speak to a man regarding an incident where protesters claimed he pulled out his gun on them.
Here’s his side of the story:
Both situations did not lead to an escalation and were peacefully resolved.
- Source: Daphne Five Guys employees refuse to serve police
- A look back at USA President Tony Waldrop’s athletic career
- Warmer temperatures ahead with fewer showers and storms
- Summer is in full bloom here
- Caught on camera: Fawn pulled from well