MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A Mobile County man is facing an upgraded charge after claiming he accidentally shot someone in the head earlier this year.
Stanley Roberson, 33, was originally charged with manslaughter after court documents state he accidentally shot 54-year-old Phillip Ledet in the head on January 25, 2020.
The Mobile County District Attorney’s Office says Roberson was originally arrested and charged with manslaughter because, at the time, it was believed he accidentally shot Ledet. But after further investigation, the DA’s office says evidence pointed to intentional murder. This evidence was presented to a grand jury, which upgraded Roberson’s manslaughter charge to murder.
The grand jury set Roberson’s bond to $150,000.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Scattered storms likely for the rest of the week, Drier pattern next week
- Marty Stuart, Hank Williams Jr., Dean Dillon to be inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame
- $500 million expansion at the AM/NS Calvert Mill
- Tropical Depression Eleven slow to organize, Expected to become Josephine