MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Former Mobile County School Board Commissioner and well-known pastor Fleet L. Belle died yesterday afternoon at Springhill Medical Center.
Belle served two terms on the school board and served as pastor or Rock of Faith Missionary Baptist Church in Mobile.
His daughter, Hope Belle-Payne tells WKRG News 5, he was 69 years old and passed 5 days from his 70th birthday.
“My father was the epitome of what a father and husband should be. He was a protector and provider to his family, friends, congregation, and the community. He blessed so many through his work in the community because he had the ability to preach the Word of God in such a way that was biblically sound as well as relatable. Most referred to him as the ‘City’s Pastor’ because he reached so many people throughout the city as well as the country through his daily broadcast of Noon Day Prayer on Gospel 900 WGOK.”
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Dog taken in stolen car in Denver found 2 weeks later
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?