MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Former Mobile County School Board Commissioner and well-known pastor Fleet L. Belle died yesterday afternoon at Springhill Medical Center.
Belle served two terms on the school board and served as pastor or Rock of Faith Missionary Baptist Church in Mobile.
His daughter, Hope Belle-Payne tells WKRG News 5, he was 69 years old and passed 5 days from his 70th birthday.
“My father was the epitome of what a father and husband should be. He was a protector and provider to his family, friends, congregation, and the community. He blessed so many through his work in the community because he had the ability to preach the Word of God in such a way that was biblically sound as well as relatable. Most referred to him as the ‘City’s Pastor’ because he reached so many people throughout the city as well as the country through his daily broadcast of Noon Day Prayer on Gospel 900 WGOK.”
- Police search for missing Dothan man who could be in danger
- Mississippi lawmakers return to the Capitol to discuss the state’s budget
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Grove Hill Police investigate shooting Sunday night
- New York sheriff told: Rachel Ray’s house on fire