MOBILE COUNTY, Ala (WKRG) — Marty Wheeler of Coden, Ala. documented the flooding at Bayou La Batre State Docks as Tropcial Storm Cristobal dumped water on the region.
Wheeler, a native of Mobile County, wasn’t surprised to see the effects. “Usually, you’ll see tidal surges. Considering that we were on the eastern half of Cristobal, this seemed fairly normal. Inconvenient, but normal.”
He was pleasantly surprised to see the Lightning Point project underway at the state docks holding up well. “The rock retaining wall appeared very solid from my vantage point.”
- Press conference held at Prichard City Hall to talk storm trash pickup updates and more
- Deputies respond to home of fan screaming ‘shoot!’ while watching Stanley Cup Final
- Woman spent GoFundMe donations meant for slain mens’ families on shopping, bills, deputies say
- ECSO: Man shot overnight in drive-by shooting
- Mobile Fire-Rescue responds to fire at Lowe’s in West Mobile