MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Charges were upgraded this week against a former animal control officer who was fired over allegations of animal cruelty.
Christopher Dressel, 23, was initially arrested December 5 on a misdemeanor cruelty to animals charge and released the next day.
On January 4, Dressel was booked into Metro Jail again, this time on a felony aggravated cruelty to animals charge.
According to the arrest report, Dressel is accused of torturing a dog by striking it with a metal catch pole.
The alleged incident happened at the Alabama State Port Authority on November 10. Dressel was fired about two weeks later.
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing
- Veterans Voices: Portrait photographer travels across America to share the faces and stories of Korean, Vietnam wars