MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Charges were upgraded this week against a former animal control officer who was fired over allegations of animal cruelty.
Christopher Dressel, 23, was initially arrested December 5 on a misdemeanor cruelty to animals charge and released the next day.
On January 4, Dressel was booked into Metro Jail again, this time on a felony aggravated cruelty to animals charge.
According to the arrest report, Dressel is accused of torturing a dog by striking it with a metal catch pole.
The alleged incident happened at the Alabama State Port Authority on November 10. Dressel was fired about two weeks later.
- Family offers vintage Corvette, $10,000 as reward for answers in cold case murder
- A Turtle’s Journey: Nesting season results from 2020 are in for Alabama
- Alabama House passes medical marijuana bill, heads back to Senate for final vote
- City of Mobile: Manufacturing delays, microchip shortage impacts curbside trash collection
- Police searching for boat thief in Pensacola