MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A father accused of stabbing his two-year-old daughter has been denied bond and her family is in 100 percent support of the judge’s decision.
Mobile Police say 22-year-old Curtis Woods stabbed the little girl Monday night. He was arrested Tuesday night, charged with attempted murder. The Mobile County District Attorney’s Office tweeted Wednesday morning his arraignment is set for December 15th.
It started Monday evening at the Edgewood Villa apartments on DIP near the I-10 interchange. Neighbors say they heard the victim’s mother screaming “no” and trying to get out of the apartment. They say she was able to get out and get help, that’s when police arrived at around 8 Monday night.
Neighbors say this was hard to understand why anyone would hurt a small child.
The child was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. A GoFundMe has been set up to help with her recovery.
- Auschwitz survivors mark anniversary online amid pandemic
- Biden to issue moratorium on oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands and water
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises