BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama State Troopers are investigating a fatal wreck on Highway 31 near King Lane.
Troopers say the accident happened around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Troopers say William D. Brooks, 18, was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado and traveling north near King Lane when the vehicle left the roadway, overturned and struck a tree. Brooks, who was not using a seat belt, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Trooper says a passenger, who was wearing a seatbelt, Sawyer McCullough, 19, was injured and airlifted to the hospital. Both men were from Bay Minette.
- NW Florida Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinics switch to Moderna this week
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine impacts felt by Gulf Coast recipients, family says
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- “She’s irreplaceable,” Principal of St. Mary’s Catholic school remembers Pre-school teacher who died following house fire
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House