MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Family members of 2-year-old Corey Davis Jr. were at a loss for words Friday, a day after the toddler tragically lost his life.
Mobile Police said Davis Jr. accidentally shot himself at the Red Roof Inn at I-65 and Dauphin.
“I don’t know what to say right now,” the boy’s father, Corey Davis Sr., told News 5.
Davis Sr. was too upset to continue talking, but the child’s uncle, Curtis Davis, shared the same sense of disbelief.
“He really didn’t get to have fun with his life, but God calls you up for a reason,” Curtis Davis said. “I felt like he was one of my sons because he belonged to my brother. We were just all sad and motionless.”
The boy’s mother, Dynesha Harris, and her friend, Tony Fowler, were arrested and charged with manslaughter.
Investigators said the loaded gun was left in a place where Davis had easy access to it.
- Raiders hope to get on track against winless Jets
- Bristol Mountain: ‘Focus is going to be keeping everyone outside’
- California man waits months in Oklahoma for kidney transplant put on hold due to COVID-19
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves one person dead outside McDonald’s in Jackson, AL