Mobile, Ala. (WKRG)–
The party must go on, despite coronavirus! A 93-year-old grandmother living at Knollwood Point Assisted Living received a huge surprise when her family showed up unannounced outside the window of the dining area yesterday to celebrate her birthday.
Due to state regulations that prohibit visitation at assisted living facilities, Ms. Doris Summersgill could not have direct contact with her family. Instead, they came with signs, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren to wish her a Happy Birthday.
Knollwood Pointe Executive Director, Jeanne Freeman, said Ms. Doris loved the surprise. Since the family appeared outside the dining room window, all of the other residents enjoyed the surprise too!
Happy 93rd, Ms. Doris!
- Lovely Today; Tropical Storm Zeta Impacts Mid-Week
- BREAKING: Early morning shooting reported in Prichard
- Expert: France has “lost control” of the virus
- Baldwin County Landmark District supporters hold meeting Monday
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo