MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A Dodge Elementary School teacher placed in a medically induced coma has died after battling COVID-19.
Last month, Misty McKee was placed in a coma. Her friend, Monica Solomon, says McKee originally thought she had a sinus infection, but she later tested positive for COVID-19.
Mobile County Public School System sent us the statement below in regards to McKee’s passing:
“We are saddened by the loss of one of our teachers, Misty McKee. She was well loved by her students and her fellow teachers. Our thoughts are with her family and with Dodge Elementary during this difficult time.”MCPSS statement
Arrangements for McKee’s funeral are unknown at this time.
- Jimmy Buffett inducted into the Mississippi Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Zendaya becomes youngest lead drama actress to win Emmy
- Pressure mounts on GOP senators over filling Ginsburg seat
- Tropical Storm Beta forecast to make landfall Monday