MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A Dodge Elementary School teacher placed in a medically induced coma has died after battling COVID-19.
Last month, Misty McKee was placed in a coma. Her friend, Monica Solomon, says McKee originally thought she had a sinus infection, but she later tested positive for COVID-19.
Mobile County Public School System sent us the statement below in regards to McKee’s passing:
“We are saddened by the loss of one of our teachers, Misty McKee. She was well loved by her students and her fellow teachers. Our thoughts are with her family and with Dodge Elementary during this difficult time.”MCPSS statement
Arrangements for McKee’s funeral are unknown at this time.
- Hawaii to allow some registered nurses to perform abortions
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- Antonio Lang pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life for the death of DeLauna Anderson