MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Dauphin Island Sea Lab released an update on the sperm whale in Mobile Bay Monday after they say the whale made its way further north into the bay.
The animal moved again during the night and was sighted around midnight Sunday, heading north in Mobile Bay. DISL asks that anyone who sees the animal immediately contact the Alabama Marine Mammal Stranding Network at 1-877-Whale-Help (942-5343). For your safety and that of the whale, please do not under any circumstances approach or touch the animal. Please remain at least 500 yards from the animal.
Click here to read their answers to frequently asked questions on the whale.
- Foundation honoring Stockton teen killed in crash makes first official donation
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Bill O’Brien named new Crimson Tide offensive coordinator
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine