DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — It’s unusual to have the causeway to Dauphin Island open just hours after a tropical event passes. What’s not unusual is a post storm clean-up. We got our first look at damage on this island. Bienville Boulevard is a virtual river.
Dauphin Island Mayor Jeff Collier has been providing updates throughout the morning. Collier said numerous homes on the west end had varying amounts of structural damage. Some parts of the west end are inaccessible without a four-wheel-drive vehicle. The island reopened Wednesday morning for people with reentry passes.
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap