MOBILE, Ala (WKRG) — A nationwide audience will soon see the story of the Clotilda and the ship’s discovery in the Mobile River delta. Sources tell WKRG News 5 that a feature on the last ship to bring slaves to America will air Sunday November 29 on CBS’ 60 Minutes.
Anderson Cooper and a 60 Minutes crew came to Mobile in February to conduct a number of interviews about the Clotilde and the Africatown community.
The full episode will be available online at CBSNEWS.com one day after it airs.
- Pinson Valley beats Spanish Fort 23-13 to win 6A State Championship
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- OCSO: Person shot on Racetrack Road near Beal Parkway
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Mobile County Sheriff’s Christmas tree ‘thugshots’ rub some the wrong way