MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE: Mobile Police released the name of the victim shot and killed on Roderick Road. See press release below:
Mobile, Ala. – On Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at approximately 2:01 p.m., police responded to the 1400 block of Roderick Road in reference to one shot. Upon arrival, officers located a female victim down inside the residence suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
The female victim was identified as 62-year-old Martha McGinsey.
McGinsey was pronounced deceased at the scene.
This is an active homicide investigation.MOBILE POLICE
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE: U.S. Marshals are on the scene of the homicide on Roderick Road. Marshals Tell WKRG News 5 Prichard Police are on their way to the scene.
Family members of the victim say they’ve been told the shooting was connected to a shooting in Prichard in retaliation.
Mobile Police are investigating a deadly shooting on Roderick Road Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at about 2 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office Crime Map.
WKRG News 5 is on the scene and is working to gather more details.
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area