PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Originally scheduled for Saturday, December 5, 2020, the City of Prichard has canceled its Christmas Parade.
The City of Prichard says, “The leadership team is acting out of an abundance of caution regarding the statistics about the incidence COVID-19.”
But although the parade is canceled, a tree lighting ceremony will resume on Friday, December 4th at 6:30 p.m. where participants can practice social distancing.
More information will be shared Tuesday, November 24th regarding these plans.
- High humidity with afternoon thunderstorms
- Jim Zeigler exploring run for Alabama Governor
- Tropical Storm Claudette brought heavy rain to Carolinas, heading offshore
- ‘I didn’t know if we were going to make it:’ East Brewton residents recall braving the EF2 tornado from Claudette
- ALEA: 10 dead, including nine children, in I-65 crash near Greenville; youngest victim 9 months old