MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The City of Mobile Animal Shelter is temporarily closed and is not accepting owner surrenders as Hurricane Sally approaches.
The shelter says it is at capacity. Sandbags have been placed around the shelter, and dogs have been moved to non-flooding areas.
Employees will be doing 12-hour shifts per team so someone will be there 24 hours a day. The shelter will be closed to the public until further notice. Employees will not respond to calls unless it is a dire emergency.
The shelter is not accepting owner surrenders at the moment. Once the storm passes, the shelter will resume normal operations.
For more information on the City of Mobile Animal Shelter, click here.
- Zeta: North beach floods in Fairhope, waves crash over barrier near pier
- Zeta: Storm surge and flooding in Gulf Shores
- MHP Biloxi: Pascagoula River bridge closed due to overturned semi-truck
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus