PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE: Alabama state troopers have released the following information on a fatal wreck on I-65 near Chicksaw Monday:
At around 2:30 p.m. on Monday, March 9, Alabama State Troopers responded to a fatal crash on I-65 at the 11.4-mile marker near Chickasaw. Brandon Mann, 29, of Saraland, was traveling north in a 2010 Infiniti G35 when his vehicle struck the rear of a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche. The driver of the Chevrolet, Clarissa Murphy, 63, of Satsuma, was ejected from her vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene of the crash; she was not using a seat belt. Mann was not injured. No further information is available as troopers continue to investigate.
Chickasaw Police confirm a fatal rollover on I-65 NB at Lee.
Traffic is congested near Exit 9/I-165 in Prichard.
Roads are closed from Lee St. to AL 158 and backups start at I-165.
There are no further details at this time.
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- 2-Alarm Fire fire at Yester Oaks apartments in Mobile
- How people feel about Baldwin’s beaches staying closed
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump