MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A hazmat team has responded to a chemical spill near the intersection of Addsco Road and Dunlap Drive.
Mobile Fire-Rescue confirmed there is a single overturned vehicle that reportedly was carrying approximately 800 gallons of sodium hydroxide solution. There is an unknown amount of fluid leaking at this time.
A third-party cleanup crew was on site dealing with the spill. MFRD was on standby.
Mobile Fire-Rescue says the driver was treated for minor injuries and transported to the hospital.
- Sheriff: 3 charged in one of the ‘worst’ child abuse cases ever in Louisiana parish
- Report: Father says he was in process of custody exchange when crash that killed 1-year-old occurred
- ‘Shame on you’: Protester interrupts Florida Gov. DeSantis during COVID-19 update
- Campaign 2020: The Alabama Primary Runoff Election
- Report: Birmingham 3rd most stressed city in US