MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A hazmat team has responded to a chemical spill near the intersection of Addsco Road and Dunlap Drive.
Mobile Fire-Rescue confirmed there is a single overturned vehicle that reportedly was carrying approximately 800 gallons of sodium hydroxide solution. There is an unknown amount of fluid leaking at this time.
A third-party cleanup crew was on site dealing with the spill. MFRD was on standby.
Mobile Fire-Rescue says the driver was treated for minor injuries and transported to the hospital.
- Shooting near Knollwood Apartments
- Mobile Police investigate shooting on Michael Boulevard
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Alabama’s fallen heroes recognized through Wreaths Across America
- Trump administration looks to fund school choice for students federally