MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A hazmat team has responded to a chemical spill near the intersection of Addsco Road and Dunlap Drive.
Mobile Fire-Rescue confirmed there is a single overturned vehicle that reportedly was carrying approximately 800 gallons of sodium hydroxide solution. There is an unknown amount of fluid leaking at this time.
A third-party cleanup crew was on site dealing with the spill. MFRD was on standby.
Mobile Fire-Rescue says the driver was treated for minor injuries and transported to the hospital.
- Fla. governor declares state of emergency after Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms shooting at Linx apartments Tuesday night
- Deputies say Florida woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Lightning strike blows out wall in Fort Walton Beach home
- OCSO reminding residents, visitors to NOT drink and boat