MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) UPDATE (6/7/2020 7:13 p.m.) — The Mobile County District Attorney’s Office said a grand jury will hear the case of Anthony Orr. He is charged with murder, attempted murder and shooting into an occupied vehicle. Authorities say Orr shot his ex-wife and murdered her boyfriend. The fatal shooting of Eldred Hall happened during Mardi Gras earlier this year.
ORIGINAL STORY (2/26/2020)– A judge on Wednesday denied bond for the man charged in Monday night’s homicide at North Warren Street and Saint Anthony Street near a parade route.
Anthony Orr is accused of shooting into a car, hitting his ex-wife and her boyfriend. The boyfriend died from his injuries. The boyfriend has been identified as Eldred Hall, 51. The ex-wife is listed in stable condition.
A third person was also in the car but not injured.
Investigators said Orr tried to confront his ex-wife earlier in the day while she was on a Mardi Gras float.
Orr is charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder, and shooting into an occupied vehicle. He’s due back in court March 2 for arraignment.
- Vehicle fire on I-10 eastbound, right lane blocked near Government Blvd.
- Sunshine Today, Clouds Tomorrow, Weather Aware Saturday
- One-year-old child hit by truck, injured
- Pensacola activists hold vigil for George Floyd, others killed by police
- Santa Rosa schools keep mask mandate for now despite parental pushback