MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Bayou La Batre Police Department is reporting multiple roads are impassable because of rising water as Hurricane Ida approaches.
- Airport Blvd west of Johnson Road closed due to water on road
- Gaston Loop at Tom Gaston Road closed due to water on road
- Cat Deakle Road west of Gaston Loop Road closed due to water on road
- Tanner Williams Road at Hubery Pierce Road closed due to water on raod.
- Bankhead Tunnel: ALDOT announced at 2:40 p.m. the Bankhead Tunnel will close Sunday night at 7 p.m. “ahead of the predicted storm surge.” The tunnel will reopen Monday after the flooding recedes.
- Alabama 193 south of Alabama 188 are closed
- Alabama 163 south of the Dog River Bridge are closed
- Bayou La Batre lift bridge are closed
- Coden Belt and Shell Belt roads are closed.
- All state rest areas are closed
- Eastbound lane of the Battleship Parkway “Causeway” are closed.
- The Causeway remains closed.
- Isle of Pine Drive located in Magnolia Springs is impassable.
- Gulf Shores is reporting that Windmill Ridge Road is closed, and a number of other roadways are still inundated with water. These include but are not limited to:
• Hwy. 182
• Creekview Drive
• West 3rd Ave.
• West 4th Ave.
• West 5th Ave.
• West 6th Ave.
• West 8th Ave.
• West 12th Ave.
• Sunset Drive
• Hwy. 59 between Waterville and Bayou Village Bridge
• Sunrise Drive
• Minnow Lane
• West Lagoon Ave.
• Brigadoon Trail
• Lagoon Winds Drive
• Waterway West
• Plash Island
BAYOU LA BATRE
As of 6:43 A.M.:
- Adams street is not passable
- Little River Road between Rodknockers and Sea School is impassable
- Simonson Street past Julius requires a truck to pass
As of 3:55 A.M.:
- The entire road of Shell Belt is closed after Warner Street, headed south.
- State Docks Road is under water.
- Shell Belt Road South at Kennedy is impassable.
- Adams Street is not passable.
- Little River Road between Rodknockers and Sea School is impassable.
- Simonson Street past Julius requires a truck to pass.
- Deaton Bridge Road in Santa Rosa County is closed at the bridge due to water over the bridge. Seek an alternate route.