MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The 2020 Alabama History Teacher of the Year goes to Marcee Hinds. Hinds teaches at Baker High School. The award is presented by Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History which is the nation’s leading organization dedicated to American History studies for K-12.
Hinds reiceived her bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education from the University of South Alabama in 2011 and her master’s of Liberal Arts in History from Spring Hill College in 2016.
In 2019, Hinds received the James Madison Fellowship award and pursued a master’s in education with a concentration in Constitutional studies. Hinds has brought both her passion for history and her passion for technology into her classroom. Students are challenged to not just absorb information but think about history in an analytical way.
- Faith Time: Finding unity in the midst of violent political division
- Dozens attend rally for Mobile murder victim
- Here are the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot worth $640 million
- Murder investigation underway after man found shot dead behind Alabama church
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event