UPDATE (12:30 p.m.) — Mobile Police have identified the man who drowned in near McNally Park as 30-year-old Alexis Cardona.
UPDATE (9:46 PM) — More details from MFRD were released surrounding the drowning of a Hispanic man.
Him, his significant others, and children were out fishing when the net he cast was lost. His family said that when he went to retrieve it he never came back up.
Witnesses dove in to try and rescue him. Several attempts were made but he was not found.
Three boats were on site to locate his body.
UPDATE (8:11 PM) — MFRD say the man was casting a net and lost it. He went in to recover the net but never resurfaced.
After an hour long search, his body was recovered. Mobile Police will handle the case going forward.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The drowning of a 29-year-old Hispanic man was confirmed near McNally Park by Mobile Public Safety Director, James Barber.
News 5 is working to gather more information.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Foley flash mob Sunday to thank linemen
- College football bringing a sense of normalcy to downtown Mobile
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- VIDEOS: ALGO Mobile reports vehicle fire on I-10 EB