MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — A meeting was held today in Satsuma about what Alabama Power plans to do with the coal ash ponds at Plant Barry.
They held a public meeting today discussing how they plan on permanently closing the ponds. The company says they will treat and remove all water from the pond. The ponds will be excavated and moved at least 750 yards away from the waterways, and the size of the ponds will also be reduced around 45 percent.
More information on the plans can be found here.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website