THEODORE, Ala. (WKRG) — Three workers at ABB in Theodore are being credited with saving their co-workers life.
Mark McGowan, Murray Vinson, and Doug Brown were working Monday when they found one of their co-workers collapsed in his office.
They called 911, but also grabbed the AED they have in their office’s break room. They connected the device to their co-worker and the machine instructed them to administer a shock and begin CPR. Mobile Fire-Rescue paramedics arrived shortly after and transported the man to the hospital. He’s doing fine now and has been released from the hospital.
First responders say if the men had not used the AED and started CPR before they got there, their co-worker may not have made it.
On Thursday Fire Chief Mark Sealy presented McGowan, Vinson and Brown with a live saving award.
The Chief hopes this encourages more businesses to get their staff trained in CPR and to have an AED available in their offices.