MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (4:48 p.m.): Mobile Police say 9 students were taken to Strickland Youth Center after a fight at Murphy High School Thursday.
Mobile Police say seven 16-year-olds and two 17-year-olds were involved. The students are in 10th and 11th grade.
The Mobile County Public School System (MCPSS) confirms that 8 students were taken to Strickland Youth Center after a fight at Murphy High School Thursday.
Rena Phillips with MCPSS says the principal and a teacher were incidentally injured trying to stop the fight but were not the targets of the incident.
Mobile Police say a teacher tripped during the scuffle and suffered a bloody nose, but was not punched during the fight.
We are working to learn more about the grades of the students and names of those involved.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Florida most impacted by recent unemployment claims
- Protesters gain access to Minneapolis police precinct, set fires in wake of George Floyd death
- COVID-19 question of the day: “Can sunlight kill coronavirus?”
- Scattered downpours likely Friday, Drier pattern settling in through the weekend