MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Today, a judge set bond at $75,000 for a man charged with murder. Broderick McCants Jr. is accused of killing Matthew Lowry Sunday in Prichard.
He’s due back in court Feb. 2.
On 1/10/21 @ approximately 0051 hrs, police units responded to 3119 St Stephens Rd in reference to a call about a disturbance at this location. Upon arrival, officers observed a white male subject who appeared to have been shot. EMS was requested to respond to this location, along with Prichard Fire. The victim was shortly thereafter, pronounced deceased on scene. Officer’s later detained and arrested a black male subject identified as “Broderick McCants Jr (28)”, in connection to this now “HOMICIDE” investigation.Prichard Police
MCSO “Crime Scene Investigators” were also notified and requested to this scene for evidentiary purposes. The victim was identified as “Matthew Scott Lowry (31)”. While it is yet unclear as to the motive of this murder, it is known that the offender and victim were known to each other. Mr. McCants was subsequently arrested and charged with murder. The case is still under investigation and has been presented to the Mobile County DA’s Office for further prosecution.
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon
- Foundation honoring Stockton teen killed in crash makes first official donation