MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Public Safety Director James Barber confirms to News 5 two Mobile Police officers left the department.
Barber says Sergeant Mark Hearn and Officer Griffin Mullinix both left MPD and that there was an internal investigation. Police have not said what the investigation was about.
Officer Mullinix was the Mobile Police Department’s Officer of the Month for the month of January 2019. He was described by his supervisor as being an excellent officer who strives to deter crime through his diligent service. The department’s website says Mullinix joined the Mobile Police in September 2016.
Hearn was promoted from corporal to sergeant in a ceremony less than one year ago.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies