MIAMI (KDVR) — The Miami Marlins home opener scheduled for Monday night against the Baltimore Orioles has been canceled due to an alleged COVID-19 outbreak within the team, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14.
Ken Rosenthal with The Athletic said, “Two infectious disease experts say the positive results fit the definition of “a clear outbreak” with the club”, according to a tweet on Monday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Tennessee law firm giving away a free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Tennessee bartenders receive $5,000 tip from generous customer
- Black Lives Matter March and Rally planned for MLK Day
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- CDC: More contagious COVID-19 strain could lead to spike in U.S. cases by March