MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Fire-Rescue joins in aiding Ava Smith, a local 11-year-old who is currently fighting a battle against Spindle Cell Sarcoma — a rare, aggressive form of cancer.
Thanks to the help of Mardi Gras Krewes, Ava will be riding in the Joe Cain Parade in downtown Mobile, and she’s asking for the donations of throws so that her Joe Cain Day experience is one to remember.
Donations can be delivered to Fire Station 26 at the Mobile Municipal Complex at 8080 Airport Blvd during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Donations will be received through Saturday, Feb. 22.
- MFRD responds to house fire off Michigan Avenue
- Crews working 10-car crash on Hwy. 231 in Blount County
- ‘2 weeks of happiness’: Bindi Irwin’s husband shares sweet photos of baby girl
- Watch: Thief on motorcycle rips necklace off woman in middle of Manhattan crosswalk
- FEMA begins accepting applications for COVID-19 funeral assistance