The event is scheduled for Friday, Jan. 27 at the Mobile Civic Center – Expo Hall from 5 pm. to 7:30 p.m.
“Local bakeries, eateries, and grocery stores will compete to see who has the tastiest King Cake and King Cake-Inspired Treat on the Gulf Coast,” reads the website. “This family-friendly event will feature live music, local vendors, kids’ activities, specialty cocktails, King Cake tastings, and more!”
All contributions will go to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Alabama. The organization’s mission is to “give our children a caring and supportive adult mentor who will guide them to success, hold them accountable, and set their lives in a direction they never thought possible.”
Tickets are available for purchase online. The cost is $15 for adults and $5 for kids (12 and under) in advance. It will cost $20 to purchase tickets on the day of the event.
Vendors must register beforehand. Pricing for vendors are below:
- Vendor Selling Merchandise – $125
- Vendors can sell merchandise on-site
- King Cake Inspired-Treat Competition – $100
- Judged on creativity and inspiration
- Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake – $100
- judged “according to criteria that define a Mardi Gras King Cake but may vary in flavor of filling”
- Indie Baker Competition – $25
- open to home bakers only