THOMASVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – Thomasville Mayor Sheldon Day says cleanup continues throughout the city following Hurricane Zeta.
The Old Highway 5 area saw many impacts from the storm and continues to be one of the areas where crews are concentrating a lot of their efforts. Portions of the road will be closed on Wednesday between Tucker Avenue and Wilson Avenue as crews work to remove debris.
Mayor Day says another crew is working in the Eloine Avenue area and near West Front Street.
He says all streets won’t be cleared by Thanksgiving, but they’re working hard to make sure the major roadways receive the most focus this week.
- Business owners hopeful following Ivey dropping unemployment COVID benefits
- Drivers frustrated by gasoline shortage, long lines at pumps
- DPD: Missing and endangered elderly Daphne man
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Top Stories May 10: The world’s happiest dog, NFL player spends 10 months working in healthcare