THOMASVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – Thomasville Mayor Sheldon Day says cleanup continues throughout the city following Hurricane Zeta.
The Old Highway 5 area saw many impacts from the storm and continues to be one of the areas where crews are concentrating a lot of their efforts. Portions of the road will be closed on Wednesday between Tucker Avenue and Wilson Avenue as crews work to remove debris.
Mayor Day says another crew is working in the Eloine Avenue area and near West Front Street.
He says all streets won’t be cleared by Thanksgiving, but they’re working hard to make sure the major roadways receive the most focus this week.
- Home destroyed in Wednesday morning house fire near Mount Vernon
- Body found in Plateau Community in Mobile
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- 18-wheeler crash on I-65 in Saraland diverts traffic
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020