PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A woman’s ex-husband was found dead from a gunshot Tuesday night about four months after she allegedly held him at gunpoint and forced him to sign divorce papers.
The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office and the State Attorney’s Office are investigating to determine if this is a “Stand Your Ground” case.
The man killed in the Creekwood Subdivision near Mossy Creek and Juno Circle has been identified as 47-year-old Jeffrey Sherbrook.
45-year-old Millanie Sherbrook was arrested in October. She’s accused of pointing a gun at Jeffrey and forcing him to sign divorce papers, but he said he wanted to handle it in court. He said at the time he signed the papers because his wife is a “good shooter.”
This is a developing story. Stay with News 5 for updates.
- Some Alabama IV therapy businesses letting ‘unqualified’ employees treat patients, health investigation shows
- Alabama officials call for more police presence amid violent crime spike and officer shortages
- Border Patrol’s investigative ‘shadow units’ back under the spotlight
- Alabama inmate serving life sentence for 1982 murder extradited to Boston in another murder case
- MPP wind-down won’t slow flow of migrants into Tijuana, official says