UPDATE (3:24 PM) — Pensacola Police provided an update to clear up some of the facts surrounding an incident that was initially reported as a shooting.
According to officers, the woman’s injuries originated from a scuffle between she, her father, and a boyfriend.
Police say her father drew a gun at her boyfriend and upon struggling to get the gun out of her father’s hand, her hand was injured in the process. A shot was fired but it hit the outside of the house.
No charges were pursued by the boyfriend as the father was taken in by police as a Baker Act, having to go to a mental health facility for examination.
UPDATE (2:29 PM) — Officers say the woman sustained minor injuries from the gunshot.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Pensacola Police say a woman was shot in the hand, and a man is in custody for the crime.
Police say it was a domestic situation. The shooting happened at 3530 Newton Drive in Pensacola on Thursday afternoon.
WKRG News 5 has a crew on the way. This story will be updated as soon as we learn more.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police