GREENVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – A video featuring a local mother and her son is going viral since Thanksgiving. Marie Dueitt Katz says she and her 16-year-old son, Bennett, decided to entertain shoppers on Thanksgiving night at the Walmart in Greenville, Alabama.
Katz tells News 5 this is a tradition she has been doing for 8 years as a way to make people laugh and smile. Her husband is from Greenville, but they live in Mobile.
“I’ve been the Elf on a Shelf, Choir lady, Quaker Oats guy, and dressed in an inflatable Santa while jumping at people walking by. This year was my favorite getting my 16-year-old son, Bennett involved,” she says.
This year she dressed as Little Debbie and she says she actually got more attention from that costume than she had planned.
“I actually got a message from the “real” Little Debbie’s husband yesterday! He said that she got a kick out of the dance,” she says.
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic
- CBP extends closure of enrollment centers for Trusted Traveler Program
- Six Flags announces safety measures for reopening; first park will open June 5
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- Suspected killer, woman in custody in case of Alabama triple murder