UPDATE (5:34 p.m.) — Bond was revoked for Knight. A pre-sentence investigation was requested by the defense. The sentencing is set for April 23rd at 9 a.m.
UPDATE (5:27 p.m.) — A jury has found Knight guilty of murder in the 2nd-degree for killing his grandfather.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The jury trial started Thursday for Marcus Knight, who’s accused of beating 66-year-old James Royster, who was found dead, in a home on E. Lee Street on May 8, 2019.
Knight was arrested on a theft charge that day, but he was not initially charged with murder. After investigating for several weeks, Knight was charged with murder on Friday, May 31.
Stay with News 5 for the latest developments in this trial.
- Michigan teen who bathed in Wendy’s sink tells story
- Joy of Life, Floral Parade, Knights of Mobile 2020 parades
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee
- Huntsville-area parents indicted in starvation death of 3-year-old boy