PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A banner plane was spotted Tuesday afternoon carrying behind it the words that many frustrated drivers probably find themselves saying every day.
Levin Papantonio hired a pilot with Boomer Aviation to fly the message “Skanska Fix Your Mess” over Santa Rosa County. The mess happened when Skanska’s barges crashed into the Pensacola Bay Bridge during Hurricane Sally. The bridge has been shut down since then, almost two months, causing everyone to sit in traffic on the Garcon Point Bridge as they try to get between Pensacola and Gulf Breeze.
Levin Papantonio plans to bring legal action against Skanska on behalf of business owners suffering financial hardship from the bridge being closed.
Tuesday was the third day the banner plane has flown over Northwest Florida. The banner will fly a couple more times on Thursday in the morning and in the afternoon over Interstate 10 at Avalon Blvd. and all the way down to Highway 98.
- Joe Biden to keep Dr. Fauci on staff, call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Mobile County doctors concerned with rising hospitalization rates
- Gary Finch Outdoors: Fishing for Flounder
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Free or low-cost pet services to owners who are struggling financially