VANCLEAVE, Miss. (WKRG) — Six people, including a 16-year-old, were charged in a suspected drug-related shooting that led to another teen’s injury on the morning of December 21st, according to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO).
The suspects involved are as follow:
- Dequantae Gillett, 20 years old, Moss Ocean Springs
- Tykell Hollins, 18 years old, Moss Point
- Derrell Lett, 18 years old, Gautier
- Xavier Mitchell, 19 years old, Moss Point
- Trevor Barron, 18 years old, Moss Point
- Davionne Barnes, 16 years old, Moss Point
Sheriff Mike Ezell says the shooting happened on Jim Ramsey Road. Deputies say the 17-year-old victim was shot in the head and treated at a Mobile hospital.
JCSO say all suspects are charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and Barnes will be charged as an adult.
They are jailed in the Adult Detention Center on $500,000 bond each say JCSO.
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Florida country club
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- ‘I just pray it isn’t my worst nightmare’: Mother of Mobile teen missing for one week speaks out
- Crime Map: Person stabbed at Dauphin Street Waffle House at I-65
- BIKER DAD: Motorcycle rider killed when 19-year-old driver makes a left turn in front of him