UPDATE 1/1/20: The victim’s father spoke to News 5 about the loss.
MONROE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Monroe County Sheriff says Tamika Stallworth opened fire into a car, hitting a baby in the face Tuesday.
That baby, 10-month-old Jamaya Austin, passed away at University Hospital, according to authorities.
She is pictured to the left with her great, great uncle, Charlie Stallworth, who sent us the photo. Stallworth is also the uncle of Tamika Stallworth.
He tells News 5, “I’ve never known Tamika to have a single violent bone in her body. She is always kind and compassionate, which makes the ordeal hard to grasp…I stand with my family… [We are] trying to keep everyone in prayer during this tragic and unfortunate time.”
The sheriff says this happened on County Road 42 in the Peterman community. Peterman is just northeast of Monroeville. Stallworth was taken into custody the day the shooting happened.
She was in court on Thursday, where she was charged with murder. Her bond was set at $750,000.
- Bikers adjusting plans after Atlantic Beach BikeFest cancelled for second straight year
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair
- OCSO: Heroin dealer charged with homicide in overdose death
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell