UPDATE 1/1/20: The victim’s father spoke to News 5 about the loss.
MONROE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Monroe County Sheriff says Tamika Stallworth opened fire into a car, hitting a baby in the face Tuesday.
That baby, 10-month-old Jamaya Austin, passed away at University Hospital, according to authorities.
She is pictured to the left with her great, great uncle, Charlie Stallworth, who sent us the photo. Stallworth is also the uncle of Tamika Stallworth.
He tells News 5, “I’ve never known Tamika to have a single violent bone in her body. She is always kind and compassionate, which makes the ordeal hard to grasp…I stand with my family… [We are] trying to keep everyone in prayer during this tragic and unfortunate time.”
The sheriff says this happened on County Road 42 in the Peterman community. Peterman is just northeast of Monroeville. Stallworth was taken into custody the day the shooting happened.
She was in court on Thursday, where she was charged with murder. Her bond was set at $750,000.
- MPD identify man caught on camera pistol whipping road rage victim
- Clarke County resident collecting donations for those impacted by Hurricane Zeta
- Alabama man falls to his death in Great Smoky Mountains
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Joshua Gibbs to the rescue during Hurricane Zeta