CLARKE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) – A Clarke County resident says he was surprised when he spotted a noose in a tree near Silver Creek Park over the weekend.
It was Saturday afternoon when Rod Davis, Sr. was riding an ATV and came across the noose. “It was in a tree next to the public restroom, in plain sight,” Davis says.
News 5’s Blake Brown spoke to Sheriff Ray Norris Monday. Norris tells us his office received several complaints and that they’ve been looking into the finding.
Sheriff Norris believes teens are to blame and that they’re playing a prank. But, Norris wants to remind everyone this is not a laughing matter.
“Kids don’t think of the consequences of their actions,” he says.
He says his office is patrolling the area to determine who is responsible.
- 21-year-old woman’s body found in bag in Missouri ditch
- ‘Friends’ cast to reunite for HBO Max special
- Couple suspected of killing 3 women in California home over possible rental dispute
- Boy leaves puppy at shelter with heartbreaking note describing father’s abuse
- DA: Teens accused in deadly Porterville library fire face murder charges