If Hurricane Sally makes landfall in Alabama on Wednesday, it will hit 16 years to the day of the last hurricane to make landfall in the state.
Hurricane Ivan made landfall in South Baldwin County on September 16, 2004.
Although a number of tropical storms and depressions have impacted Alabama since, Ivan remains the last hurricane to make landfall in the state. While Hurricane Katrina caused tremendous damage in Alabama in 2005, it made landfall at the Mississippi-Louisiana border.
Prior to Ivan, Hurricane Danny made landfall at Dauphin Island in July 1997. Hurricane Frederic made landfall in South Mobile County in September 1979.
- Cold Weather Shelter in Santa Rosa County to open
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back