MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (5:09 p.m.): Mobile Police have released the following information about the police pursuit that ended at Jerry’s Fireworks.
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at approximately 3:04 p.m., police spotted a stolen vehicle turning onto Old Pascagoula Road. Officers fell in behind the truck as it turned onto Firetower Road. When police activated blue lights, the vehicle turned onto Sonya Drive. The driver drove to the dead end and jumped out while the truck was still rolling. The truck crashed into a fence. The driver was apprehended by K-9 after a pursuit through a wooded area. Some drug material was discovered. The investigation is ongoing and final charges are yet to be determined.Mobile Police Department
A man in a stolen car was taken down by a K-9 near Jerry’s Fireworks on Old Pascagoula Road, according to Mobile Police.
Witnesses tell News 5’s Dana Winter on the scene that a man was running from police and then hid under a large trailer at the Fireworks business. The witness says police then released a K-9 to go and get the man. Mobile Police say the man was bitten on the ankle.
An ambulance leaving the scene did not appear to take a passenger with it.
- FBI investigating reported assault on Black man in Indiana
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident