SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — A Saraland High School student tested positive for COVID-19 Friday morning.
Saraland Schools superintendent Dr. Aaron Milner says the school system was notified that an individual test positive, and five people were quarantined as a result. Those quarantined will remain home for 14 days per protocol.
Parents were notified of the positive test Friday, one day after school reopened. Milner said the quarantined people have no symptoms.
The individual is one of about 3,030 who occupy the schools.
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Government executes former soldier obsessed with witchcraft
- Sea turtle nest on Dauphin Island survives Hurricane Sally
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand