PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The community is stepping up to make sure no one goes hungry this holiday season.
The annual “Fill The Mayflower” event kicked off Monday morning at Cordova Mall on 9th Avenue.
Manna will distribute the non-perishable items to families who really need it during the upcoming holidays.
The most-needed items are chicken and tuna in cans or pouches, oatmeal boxes of single-serve packets, canned mixed vegetables, microwaveable dinners, peanut butter and canned beans.
If you’d like to donate, all you have to do is drive up and the volunteers will carry the food from your car to the big truck.
They will be set up at the mall again Tuesday from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Rocket engine test set for Saturday at Stennis Space Center
- Mass vaccination at Mobile Cruise Terminal still open for 75+ and first responders
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Brewton PD looking for suspect in theft from a vehicle
- Mobile County Health Department hosting vaccine event at historic church on MLK Day