PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A mother of several children has been arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse after her daughter’s teacher found the girl with lacerations and bruising on her face.
Brittany Washington, 30, was booked into the Escambia County Jail with no bond Monday afternoon.
An investigator with the Department of Children and Families picked the child up and took her to Gulf Coast Kid’s House. The victim, whose age is unknown, told investigators Washington got angry and hit her in the face with a stick knocking her to the ground. A medical exam revealed other scratch marks and bruises on her body.
DCF took custody of the girl and her siblings.
- Gov. Ivey issues apology to 16th Street Baptist Church bombing survivor
- Mobile Public Library locations reopening for ‘In and Out’ services
- Fairhope business man arrested on additional child abuse charges
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Proud Boys member Alan Swinney arrested on 12 charges