FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — A man was arrested after police say he got into a fight with his pregnant girlfriend then tried to set the Days Inn hotel room on fire around 1 a.m. Thursday.
Fort Walton Beach police officers were called to 135 Miracle Strip Parkway and found Miguel Antonio Gonzalez-Montes, 24, who had been involved with a physical altercation with his girlfriend. Police say he later poured gasoline on the outside of the hotel room. When the girlfriend and five children opened the door he ran, according to police.
Officers and detectives quickly coordinated a BOLO to local law enforcement agencies. A short time later, Walton County Sheriff’s Deputies located Montes who was detained and later arrested by Fort Walton Beach Police detectives.
Montes was charged with attempted arson, five counts of child abuse, and aggravated domestic battery to a pregnant female. This case is still an active investigation and any person with information is asked to contact Detective Eric Boucher at 850-833-9546.
- Mobile community prays for healthcare workers at ‘Light it Up Mobile’
- Coronavirus prayer movement makes it way through Mobile
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola